Monday, April 2, 2012

Cilantro Lime Shrimp




If you are looking for something delicious with a bit of spiciness and zesty, this recipe is for you!

I prepped by thawing my frozen shrimp in cold water. Then I cut up a a tomato, onion, and jalapeno.


After that, I just melted butter and olive oil over med-high temperature.


Then I just added all the goodness and enjoyed the awesomeness of this delightful meal I made for myself. I know how much you want some too, so here's the recipe!!! :)


Ingredients
  • 1 tblsp. butter
  • 1 tblsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
  • ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
  • ½ tsp. Mexican oregano
  • 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 lime, zest and juice
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. black pepper
  • 1 pound shrimp, split and deveined
  • 2 tblsp. chopped cilantro
Instructions
  1. Melt the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
  2. Add the garlic, onion and jalapeno.
  3. Cook, stirring until the onion begins to wilt, approximately 3 minutes.
  4. Add the red pepper flakes and oregano.
  5. Continue cooking until the onion becomes translucent, approximately 3 additional minutes.
  6. Add the tomatoes.
  7. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft.
  8. Remove from heat.
  9. Add the shrimp, zest and lime juice, salt and black pepper.
  10. Cook until the shrimp are just opaque. Be careful not to overcook.
  11. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.


0 comments:

à la Allie   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP